Thursday, June 23, 2016

Retiring 2 Razors Today:

It's now time to retire the Gold Monkey Jinhou (Triple 6) and the Gold Dollar 208 straight razors. I could re hone the Gold Monkey Triple 6 if I wanted to especially after the shave I got from it this morning which is now going to force me to use a DE for a couple of days. But after shaving with 2 new razors that were almost effortless to use, I decided to stick with them for a while. Another thing that I noticed was that these razors are now smaller than a 5/8's razor from where I've honed them so many times which is too small for my liking. I prefer 6/8's and larger mainly because my beard is tough and that extra weight behind also makes for a much easier shave:


So I have killed the edge on both of these razors and have put them into my cold storage with my left over soap tins and what not. They have served me well over the past 2 years.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...