Friday, September 16, 2016

Pipe Smoke & The Doc:

Oh my is all I can about this morning's shave which was nothing short of phenomenal. Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke is and awesome soap and the performance is off the page. The scent is cherry pipe tobacco, vanilla, and spices and it's mind blowing. And to finish this off, I paired it with Aqua Velva classic ice blue aftershave. Wow what a soap:


In terms of lathering, it's a beast. I got what you see below in 20 seconds of load time and it's really slick too. Quite possibly my slickest soap in my entire collection and it has tied with my top soap:


This combo is still going strong. That was shave number 2 on the doc with the Rapira Platinum Lux blades and it was still just as good as it was the other day if not more comfortable. I'll be keeping these blades around to try in other razors that I may get later on. I have a feeling that they would be great in a slant and/or open comb razor:


The post shave feel I have is good. Not quite a squeaky clean post shave after 3 passes with these Rapira Platinum Lux blades, but more than socially acceptable. Some people suggested that I strop these blades and to me, that's pointless because if I'm going to strop a blade it will be a straight razor. So I won't be stropping these blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...