Monday, September 25, 2017

Derby Shave Stick & The Black Diamond:

Today's shave was good but I have to quit using DE, single edge & straight razors. More on that in a moment. Today I tried 3 new things and all 3 were really good. The first was the Derby Shave Stick. It reminded me of Arko in terms of performance only with a much better scent which is kindly a classic clean soap type of scent. And to finish off today's shave, I paired it with a nice healthy dose of Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel which smells like a freshly sliced cucumber:


The other thing that I tried today for the first time was an ILR edge on my black diamond straight razor. It was good but almost deadly which is why I have to say adios to the traditional wet shaving razors. My first pass went extremely well and then things went down hill from that point. My against the grain pass told the same sensitive skin story I've been experiencing over the past few months and it had been 2 days since my last shave. The final pass is what woke me up to a fact that I had been ignoring for the last 6 years which is the side effects from long term anesthesia. My hands started shaking and come really close to being deadly as a result. So unfortunately, I have to quit using DE safety razors, single edges & straight razors and it sucks too.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...