Friday, September 29, 2017

Proraso Green & The Track 2:

Today's shave was great. It's also Friday which means Proraso Friday is in effect. So I went with the modern day classic Proraso Green which has an incredible Menthol & Eucalyptus scent to it which is just what my sinuses needed today. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a nice healthy dose of TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel and then I put the icing on the cake with Pinaud's Osage Rub which puts the post shave feel over the top:


The 1970 Gillette Track 2 was really good. I managed to get a squeaky clean post shave feel in 3 passes. It's been a while since I've used this razor and the blades did slightly tug a bit. So after I finished my shave, I took the Track 2 to my new fire hose strop for 10 passes and then I followed that up with 5 passes on the rough leather and 10 passes on the smooth leather. So that should have more than freshened up the blade that I have on the Track 2. If not, I can always put a new blade on there. It's got quite a lot of shaves on it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...