Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Muhle R41 1st Impressions:

The Muhle R41 is an awesome razor. When you mention or ask someone in wet shaving what's the most aggressive razor you can buy, this specific one is the 1st that gets mentioned and rightfully so. So lets get started. First the packaging is excellent. This razor was made in Germany:


The shave was great but very aggressive. I can feel the blade on my skin. I also don't recommend daily shaving with this specific razor. It's that aggressive:


It's also a 3 piece which is a good thing. I did come with a Muhle branded DE blade but I want keep it in tact so I went with a Feather DE blade:


The instructions and brochures that came with it are mostly in German :


This razor had no problem removing my 4 day old beard. The fit and finish is nothing short of phenomenal and the grip is also excellent. It is some where in between light & medium weight. It's not as light as a bakelite razor is but still weighs less than a DE 89. The price tag starts at around $56 U.S. Dollars depending on where you go. In addition to not shaving daily with this razor, you also don't really need to go against the grain either on your 2nd and final pass. I regret going against the grain on my 2nd pass from now on, I will only do 2 with the grain passes. All in all, I'm glad I bought this razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...