Monday, September 11, 2017

Proraso Green & The Black Diamond:

Today's shave was phenomenal. I was having some sinus issues this morning so I grabbed Proraso Green which is a modern day classic. The scent on this soap is Menthol & Eucalyptus scent which is awesome. And to put the icing on the cake, I finished it off with Pinaud's Osage Rub which makes the post shave feel even better. This combo is perfect for menthol lovers:


The black diamond was perfect. I used nothing but subtle "X" strokes on my Shapton M5 12K stone and I also built a slurry using my Suehiro 1/3K combo water stone and diluted it 3 times on each one. It worked out great and the edge was super comfortable. I still had to perform 3 passes but I got a more than socially acceptable shave. Not shaving everyday and having a nice sharp blade makes a huge difference with the comfort level & tough beard removal. I'm back in terms of using DE safety razors & straight razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...