Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Renewal & The Shield:

Today's shave was great and felt really good. In honor of Carrie Seibert's birthday yesterday, I went with Soap Commander and their fantastic Renewal scented soap. The scent on this is a Floral Fougere' scent. And to finish off this shave, I went with the classic Brut aftershave splash followed by Soap Commander's Renewal aftershave balm:


The Gillette Shield really impressed me today and then some. In another 4 more hours, I would have had 4 days worth of beard growth and in the past, I would have been reaching for a DE or a straight razor. In fact I thought I was going to have to switch before I made the first pass. Once I made that 1st pass and had no issues at all, it went extremely well. I ended up doing 2.5 passes. No burning sensation from the Brut aftershave or the styptic pencil which I use after each shave. Just a slight stinging and that was basically it. It stopped almost as soon as the stinging started.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...