Saturday, September 9, 2017

Honor & The German 37:

Tonight's shave was phenomenal. After a long day and a nice hot shower, I went with Soap Commander and their fabulous Honor scented soap. The scent is some where between Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's C.a.D. and Fine's American Blend. And to finish off tonight's shave, I went with the matching aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to post shave feel:


I had 3+ days worth of beard growth so there was no way I was going to use a cartridge for tonight's shave. It would have been awful if I did. So I grabbed my RazoRock German 37 instead:


And after 3 passes I have a post shave feel that's similar to a sheet of ice:


^ I'm also happy to report that there was no irritation, acne or rash after the fact. So going longer between shaves does make a difference if you are experiencing these types of skin issues. The German 37 was like a hot knife through butter. With a fresh Perma-Sharp blade, My beard disappeared rather quickly. Now I do have a tiny bit of a burning sensation at the moment but it's already subsiding. So if a rash was going to appear it would have already done so. My next shave will be in a few more days & with a straight razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...