Saturday, September 2, 2017

High Jump 47 & The Sensor:

Today's shave was pretty good. I was craving something unique so I grabbed Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's and their High Jump 47 scent which is incredible. The scent to my nose is a fresh citrus cologne scent with some talcum powder. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with good old Pinaud's Clubman aftershave splash:


Stropping did make a huge difference on this razor. I got a pretty close and clean shave after performing just 2 passes which is where I stopped. On the very last couple of strokes during the 2nd pass, the razor became uncomfortable and started tugging and pulling pretty bad so I tossed it. I believe that I'm done buying razors and will be sticking to just my Gillette Shield, Gillette Mach 3, Gillette Mach 3 Turbo & my 1971 Gillette Track 2 razor. The jury is still out on the Schick Quattro and it's not looking good on it. I did think about getting a Muhle R41 and just stick with it from now on but if it's not broke, don't fix it. There's no need to suffer when you don't have to.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...