Saturday, November 18, 2017

Back To DE Safety Razors!

After today's excellent & comfortable shave, I have decided to return to using DE safety Razors but I will be sticking to certain ones and staying away from stupid aggressive safety razors & blades. My vintage ball end tech was a pure joy to use today. Even though I could have gotten my chin and goatee area better, I stopped myself from doing a full 3rd pass and only did a half pass on my neck area which is almost always a problem area for me no matter what I use:


These are the razors I'll be using in addition to the Tech shown above. I do have many more that are not seen such as my Merkur 38C barberpole & the 42C classic closed comb. Those are also going to be used as well since they are mild enough and won't damage or upset my sensitive skin:


My Gillette Slim gets as close as my Gillette Fusion & Shield razors do and is also a pure joy to use. I also will be using Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's original double open comb razor which is mild & a joy to use and also gets as close as my Gillette Fusion & Shield razors. I'm not sure about using the German 37 slant razor at all. It might be too much for my skin to handle at the moment but there's really only one way to find out. My Edwin Jagger DE 89 that you see in the box above is using the handle off of my Muhle R41 since the original handle took a crap after nearly 4 years of use. It will also be used since I've gotten excellent shaves with it. I will also be sticking with Perma-Sharp DE blades and I might try the Gillette blades that are available. The Muhle R41 & straight razors are out. My hands draw up & shake too much to use straight razors & my sensitive skin can't handle the aggressive nature of the R41 even though it is one gorgeous razor with an excellent fit & finish. My Hawk & GEM SE razors will NOT be used either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...