Monday, November 20, 2017

I'm Good To Go:

Well that takes care of all of the razors I'm planning on using in my rotation. Besides the razors you see below which are my Merkur 38C & Merkur 42C classic closed comb, I will also be using my Edwin Jagger DE 89, Gillette Ball End Tech, Gillette Slim & the Doc razor from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. I have decided NOT to take any chances with my German 37 from RazoRock. My skin is just too sensitive for that razor and it's just best to keep it in cold storage. These razors has also been stropped 2 times on each side of the blade using the smooth leather side on my strop. This takes away the harshness of the 1st shave that you get with just about ANY DE blade and this is the ONLY time that I strop a DE blade. They're much more affordable than my Gillette Fusion & Shield razors are in terms of costs and I can afford to toss these out when they're dull:


The Feather blades are also out. Even though I can strop them to take the harshness away which helps out a lot in terms of comfort, they're still too sharp for my sensitive skin. I'm also considering trying other blades again to see which ones I can use but these Perma-Sharps have clearly won in terms of comfort. And in the Edwin Jagger DE 89 that title goes to the Gillette Platinum Plus blades hands down. It was like there was no blade in the razor and yet my beard disappeared with those blades but that was in my DE 89 only. I didn't get too good of results in the other razors with them like I did in the DE 89. Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...