Saturday, November 18, 2017

Turkish Bath & The Tech:

Today's shave was at least 10,000 times better than the last one. After a nice & relaxing shower, I went with Jeeves of Hudson Street and their fabulous Turkish Bath scented soap which is a 1920's Barbershop style scent. They have since renamed it "barbershop" and now have a matching aftershave. And to finish off today's shave, I went with Stirling Soaps and their classic barbershop aftershave splash which adds a touch of sweetness to the scent:


The Vintage Gillette Tech was nothing short of phenomenal and I know exactly what I did to get these great results with the 1st shave on these blades. I stropped the razor 2 times on each side on the smooth leather side of my strop to take the harshness of the first shave off of the blade. Think of doing a quick palm stropping with a GEM SE razor blade before the 1st use. I was squeaky clean just after 2.5 passes which is just about where I want it in terms of post shave comfort. Too many passes equals severe irritation & razor burn and my limit is 3 passes or less.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...