Sunday, November 19, 2017

Buyer's Remorse: Anemometer:

Well I can officially say that this Tacklite anemometer is junk. The reviews on Amazon were mixed so it was a 50/50 chance that it would either work or it wouldn't and for a brief time it did. The problem is that it's not even close to being accurate. I took it outside & the vanes inside the anemometer were spinning like crazy and yet it was not registering the wind speed at all and it's gusting to every bit of 15+ mph. Another problem is the temperature is not accurate either. In fact it's not even close. Today it read 62 degrees F. and it's much warmer than that easy:


The main reason I bought this anemometer is for long range target shooting & hunting but what good is it when it's not even close to being accurate. To make long range shots of 1200 plus yards or meters, you have to extremely accurate. Being slightly off in your calculations in any way can cause you to significantly miss the target which is bad news if you are hunting because it's usually just 1 shot, 1 kill. Very rare that you get make more than that. So I will be saving up my funds to get a Kestrel which is more accurate & has a much better quality. I don't need one with a balistics calculator because I can download an app that does that for me.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...