Friday, November 24, 2017

Pumpkin 3.14 & The Slim:

Today's shave was outstanding. Since it's officially Black Friday today which is the day after Thanksgiving for us here in the U.S. for my readers that are overseas who don't know and/or celebrate it, I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their seasonal classic, Pumpkin 3.14 which is a hearty pumpkin pie scent with notes of pumpkin, cinnamon & clove. And to finish off today's shave I went with Autumn Factory aftershave with is a much sweeter version of the soap listed above & it burns so good. Today it was epic but a smooth consistent burn:


The Gillette Slim is my new favorite DE safety razor because I got as close as a cartridge with it today in just 3 passes. I started with it on the number 4 setting for my with the grain pass which knocked it down pretty good but I could definitely tell that I needed to crank it up on my next pass. For my against the grain pass I cranked it up to number 7 which was perfect for about 80% of what was left of my beard which also cleaned out my trouble spots really good. I still had a tiny bit of stubble left in a few spots here & there so for my 3rd and final pass which was across the grain, I turned it all the way down to setting number 1 which finished off everything. I almost could NOT tell if there was a blade in it on setting number 1. So if you guys are in the market for an adjustable razor, grab a Gillette Slim. They're excellent and very simple to use.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...