Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Atomic Bay Rum, The 42C & Edge Test:

Today's shave ended up being great. Unfortunately the edge test failed. More on that in a bit. Today I went with my newly acquired Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Atomic Bay Rum scented soap which is awesome. It's a Bay Rum that's been aged in a charred American White Oak whiskey barrel which adds a distinctive but subtle wood note that blends perfectly with the bay rum scent. Speaking of bay rum, I finished off today's shave with a splash of Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave splash and I'm about to put on some of Soap Commander's "Purpose" aftershave balm which is also a bay rum scented soap:


Due to the edge test failing on me with both straight razors, I ended up finishing today's shave with the Merkur 42C and I did a total of 4.5 passes and now have some razor burn. I hate it when this happens. So later today, I will be doing a honing video using Anthony Esposito's honing method only with a different progression. I will using my Suehiro 5K Rika, Naniwa Snow White 8K and finishing on my Shoubandini Aswedo type 100.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...