Monday, July 16, 2018

Fortitude & The 430:

Today's shave felt extremely good. Today I went with something that I hadn't used in a while and that would be Soap Commander's "Fortitude" shaving soap. The scent of an aged hay, aged tobacco and dark rum was excellent and extremely satisfying today. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a huge healthy dose of Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum which my barbershop still uses to this very day. It adds a touch of sweetness to the already rich post shave smell and feel:


The 430 was great but I did have to hit the fire hose strop and my leather strop during the shave. I also had to add more soap because I didn't quite load up enough of it and once I did, the 430 glided across my face with no issues at all. Chalk up another 3 pass slick as black ice shave with no cuts, weepers and the best part, no burn from the aftershave splash.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...