Sunday, July 8, 2018

High Jump 47 & The 207:

Today's shave was perfect in every way possible. Today I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their classic High Jump 47 scented soap which was stupid slick once I applied it to my face after using Cremo's cooling shave cream as a preshave. The Omega 10049 Professional Boar had no issues whipping up an exceptional lather and it's also hard to believe that it will be nearly 5 years old come February 2019. Not bad for a $10 dollar brush huh? The scent on the soap is a fresh citrus cologne with notes of musk and fresh talcum powder and it pairs extremely well with Pinaud's Clubman regular aftershave splash which is what I finished today's shave off with:


The 207 was perfect. Something in my gut told me that I should take a closer look at the edge and it's a very good thing that I did. So I grabbed my Shoubandini Aswedo Jnat and I put one if not the best edges I have ever put on a razor. I was squeaky clean after just 3 passes and the edge felt like a butter knife. I believe I have perfected my honing technique now. To give you an idea of how good this shave was and how smooth and comfortable the post shave was, I did NOT get any burn from the Clubman aftershave I used and it's loaded with alcohol.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...