Friday, July 27, 2018

C.a.D. & The 430:

Man I needed that. Today's shave felt extremely good and was very satisfying to say the least. Today I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their modern day classic C.a.D. scent which has a canned Barbersol original shave foam scent only this one is 10 times stronger and is twice as slick. And I finished it off with a healthy dose of the matching aftershave splash which is good for about 18 hours and to put the icing on the cake, I also went with their matching aftershave jelly which is excellent. I like the aftershave jelly better than their balms and splashes:


The 430 started off rough so I stopped and stropped the razor which was better but still wasn't quite enough. So I broke out the ILR and did Dr. Matt's under running water technique and that fixed the razor. After I finished my shave, I went back and did the technique on both my 207 and the 430. So now I am more than confident that these razors are shave ready and both should be extremely comfortable because I shortened the technique and stropped both razors on my 3 inch mustang strop afterward. It's looking like I might be doing a honing video here pretty soon. I'm planning on getting a few Gold Dollar 66's off Amazon.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...