Saturday, July 14, 2018

Influence & The 207:

Today's shave felt great and was nothing short of phenomenal. Today I was craving a tobacco scented soap but I was wanting something unique. So I grabbed Soap Commander and their fabulous Influence scented soap which has a deep rich scent of moist pipe tobacco, cherry and a full bodied black tea. Then I went with the matching aftershave which adds a touch of menthol to the already incredible post shave feel:


I wasn't too comfortable with the ILR so yesterday I decided to perform Dr. Matt's under running water honing technique with my Naniwa Snow White 8K Junpaku and my Belgium Coticule. I'm glad that I did because I was able to perform the old "Gillette Slide" with my Gold Dollar 207 and my shave felt like a butter knife and I was slick as black ice after just 3 passes. I guarantee you that my 430 will feel the exact same way when I use it next because I went ahead and did the same thing on it yesterday as well. So once I get some more razors next pay day, I will do another YouTube video using Dr. Matt's under running water technique with these 2 stones. I've also decided to stick with this honing technique from here on out now that I've found my "go to" stone combination.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...