Sunday, July 8, 2018

I Finished Another One:

It's been a while since I've done one these types of blog posts but I figured why not. Earlier today I managed to finish off another soap. This time it was a Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47. The Omega 10049 Professional boar brush makes a great lather but it is a soap hog. Basically what that means is that this specific brush uses more soap upon loading than your other brushes do including synthetics:


Badger brushes don't use any where near what most of your boar brushes do but they do hold twice as much water as the boar brushes do. I also tend to favor the scratch that boar brushes provide over both badger and synthetics. My beard starts to itch very badly after 2 days worth of growth and by the 3rd day, I'm eye balling my razors pretty hard. And with the way my beard grows along with the speed, there's no way I can use a cartridge. My skin can't handle daily shaving any more and after 2 days worth of beard growth, a cartridge just simply won't work on my beard. The best part about finishing off these soaps is that it gives me an excuse to buy more stuff.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...