Sunday, July 22, 2018

Vanilla Spice & The 207:

Today's shave was really good. The brush was epic and gets its own blog post here in a bit and for toady's soap, I went with Uncle Jon's Vanilla Spice. The scent is excellent you have vanilla, a hint of sugar with some spices and due to the vanilla content, the soap is almost black which can't be helped even with stabilizers. The vanilla fragrance turns any soap brown or black. It does NOT stain anything so you don't have to worry about that. I use white wash cloth to rinse with and it did not stain it. And to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching witch hazel based aftershave which smells so good and delicious:


The 207 was good but not great. So I will have to take it to the stones and get it back up to snuff which shouldn't take long at all. I will probably start at the Suehiro Rika 5K and progress from there. There's no need to drop down to 1K because this razor is in excellent shape and doesn't need any major repair work. I've also been looking at Japanese made Swedish steel razors which are excellent but the steel is stupid hard in terms of honing. It takes twice as long to hone Swedish steel than it does to hone the usual stainless steel.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...