Thursday, July 12, 2018

Kiss My Face & The 430:

Today's shave was pretty good but not great. This Kiss My Face shave cream was okay but it can use some improvements. The first thing is the cushioning ability isn't too hot but it is extremely slick which helps a lot. The scent is extremely good which reminds me of Wrigley's Spearmint gum. I think I would have done better if I had gotten the lavender scented cream instead. This cream is extremely thirsty. If I can give people an idea of how thirsty it truly is, it's even more thirsty than Barrister & Mann's soaps which puts it off the page. I had use more product about half way through the shave which I don't like to do. I will pick C.O. Bigelow/Proraso green shave cream over this stuff. After my shave I finished it off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue splash which seems to pair well with this cream. It's an alright cream but I won't be getting again so once it's gone, it's gone:


The 430 started off okay but got worse during the shave especially in the comfort department. So I went ahead and touched up both razors using my new Naniwa snow white 8K followed by Dr. Matt's under running water technique using the ILR and I stropped both razors on my 3 inch Mustang horse hide strop for 10 round trips on both razors afterward so they are definitely good to go. If they are too sharp then I will use the under running water technique on my Coticule which not only fixes an edge but really smooths it out and makes it at least 10 times more comfortable. I'm thinking that the ILR was too sharp due to the fact that I was using a Norton 8K before going to the ILR instead of the Naniwa Snow White 8K which is far superior over the Norton. So my next shave will be extremely interesting because I still love the Coticule edges over Jnats and my ILR but what stone you use before going to a finisher is just as important if not more.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...