Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Asian Plum & The ZY:

Tonight's shave was perfect in every way possible. I have changed my mind about getting another finishing stone because I have proved to myself that I have the ILR stone down pat. Thank you Dr. Matt Robins. I now know exactly what I need to do to get the edge exactly where I need and want it to be in both comfort and efficiency. More on that here in a bit. I wasn't planning on shaving tonight until I looked in the mirror and seen that I had quite a bit of growth. So I decided to go with A&E Soaps and their exceptional Asian Plum scented soap and matching aftershave splash. I did NOT get any burn at all from the aftershave which has alcohol in it:


As I mentioned before, the ZY razor was perfect after I took it to the ILR and did Dr. Matt's under running water technique until the razor was sticky on both sides and then I turned the water up. Once it got sticky like it did previously, I stopped and went straight to the smooth leather side of my strop and performed 5 round trips. I did not go back to the ILR or anything else afterward. I went ahead and shaved and was slick as black ice after 3 passes with the exception to my chin which I touched up using different angles than I did before. The end result was a perfect shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...