Thursday, August 2, 2018

Turkish Bath & The Doc:

Today's shave felt extremely good. Today I wanted something different, so I went with Jeeves of Hudson Street and their Turkish Bath scented soap which has since been renamed Barbershop. The scent on this soap is Turkish Tobacco with some notes of Talcum powder. To finish off today's shave, I paired it with Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave which adds some much needed sweetness to the post shave:


Since I have a new toy coming in, I went with the classic Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's original double open comb razor to change things up a bit. It was also the last shave on this blade so I switched it out after I finished my 3 pass shave which results in a slick as black ice post shave feel. You know you have been using straight razors for a really long time when you forget how many shaves you have on your DE blades that is in your safety razors. But what can I say? I love using straight razors and I love the fact that I put the edges on all of the ones in my collection.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...