Thursday, August 23, 2018

C.a.D. & The Double X:

This morning's shave was nothing short of perfect. This morning after a nice and hot shower, I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and one of if not my all time favorite scents, C.a.D. which has an incredible 1970's and 80's canned Barbersol shave foam scent to it. And to finish off this morning's shave, I went with their brand new matching aftershave jelly. It starts off with a burn like the aftershave but disappears almost immediately and has an epic menthol chill to it. And unlike the balm, this has no greasy feel to it. I love the aftershave jellies:


The Griffon Double X was perfect in every way possible. I am now more than certain that I made the right call of going back to the ILR and doing a full version of Dr. Matt's under running water technique instead of half and followed up by stropping on smooth leather. I had one bump to bleed on me because I had pretty much removed it surgically but my styptic pencil took care of that instantly. Three passes and I was slick as black ice.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...