Friday, August 10, 2018

Lemon Chill & the ZY:

Just what the doctor ordered. Every time I do yard work, my sinuses really act up. So for this morning's shave I decided to go with Stirling Soaps and their heavy mentholated Lemon Chill shave soap which has a lemon meringue pie scent to it. The menthol was great and was really needed and much appreciated this morning. It opened up my sinuses and stopped the sneezing from the dust and allergens from mowing the yard yesterday. And to finish off this morning's shave, I went with Stirling Soaps glacial lemon chill aftershave balm which is also fantastic:


The ZY razor was okay at first until I took it to my fire hose strop for 10 round trips which really put the edge exactly where it needed to be. I ended up being comfortably close after 3 passes. I have decided to get a Naniwa 12K super stone. I'm going with the S2 version which is the 20 mm size. It's the full size version of the Naniwa 12K super stone which produces a very fine but comfortable edge. Dr. Matt put one on a razor for me when he back beveled a problematic razor for me.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...