Sunday, August 12, 2018

Grapelicious & The Double X:

Today's shave ended up being great. Today I went with KShave Works and their grape soda scented product line, Grapelicious. This is a very strong grape soda scented soap. And to finish off today's shave I went with their matching aftershave splash which is witch hazel based:


I first started off with my recently discovered Jr. Torrey but I have honed it too much to where it no longer takes an edge so I switched out for my Griffon Double X razor instead which was a night and day difference for the better. The double X mowed through my 2 day old beard like nothing. I was slick as black ice after 3 passes. This shave was nothing short of perfect. Too bad I had to toss out my Jr. Torrey. I didn't really have much of a choice. Not unless I was to put 6 layers of tape on there and to me that kindly defeats the purpose. I don't use tape when I hone unless I'm creating geometry that I can work with which usually means back beveling.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...