Friday, August 3, 2018

Oiled Stropped & Ready To Go:

I just finished oiling up my razors. Now to anyone whom is new to the straight razor hobby, there's 2 things you need to remember. Always oil and sharpen your razors regularly. If you don't, rust and pitting will start to occur and not just on the edge either. The pivot pins along with both the jimps and metal spacer (if equipped) will also begin to rust. So to help prevent this, oil and sharpen your razors on a frequent basis. Usually about once a week works for me. I also recommend using 3 in One oil. It's specifically formulated for metal and unlike other oils, it won't go rancid on you:


And the strop still looks phenomenal and performs just as well too:


So please take a few minutes every week to oil and sharpen your razors to prevent them from rusting and pitting. 10 "X" strokes on ANY finisher is all you need to do and you are good to go.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...