Saturday, August 4, 2018

Pumpkin 3.14 & The Double X:

Since Autumn isn't too far away (September 22, 2018), I decided to go with an old seasonal favorite. Today I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their seasonal classic, Pumpkin 3.14 which has an incredible fresh baked hearty pumpkin pie scent which smells extremely delicious. The cinnamon and clove combined with the sweetness of the pumpkin is very intoxicating. My 33 millimeter comfort knot brush had no issues whipping up a slick creamy lather. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a legendary aftershave. Autumn Factory which is equally impressive and delicious in it's own right. The aftershave is sweeter in the scent department but it burns really good and this is my longest lasting aftershave which lasts 24 hours :


The double X straight razor was great. Once I added a little extra water to my shave and took the razor to my fire hose strop for 10 trips, it became epic. I did NOT get much burn from the aftershave and if this was any other aftershave other than Autumn Factory, I more than likely would not get any burn from those at all. Autumn Factory is going to burn no matter what which is a good thing. I was pretty close and clean after 3 passes. It wasn't a perfect slick as black ice shave but a more comfortable and more than socially acceptable shave which is what I was looking for.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...