Saturday, August 4, 2018

Found This In Cold Storage:

Well how about that. My mother decided to do some cleaning today and while she was doing some dusting, I found this J.R. Torrey in a coffee cup with a rubber band around it. I thought I tossed it out but obviously, I didn't. It was not shave ready when I found it:


So with that being said, I broke out the stones and went to work. I used my friend Anthony Esposito's honing method on my Naniwa Snow White 8K and then I switched to my friend Dr. Matt's under running water technique with my ILR. So it's definitely shave ready. The last time I honed this razor I didn't even have my ILR, Coticule or even my Snow White. The only thing I had back then was a crappy Norton 4/8K with nothing left but the 8K side and my Shobudani Aswedo. I also did not know about Dr. Matt's under running water technique either. So my next shave with this beast will definitely be interesting. I'm also leaning towards getting a Naniwa 12K Super Stone.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...