Saturday, August 18, 2018

Bye Bye Perma-Sharps:

Every now and then, I have to make a decision to give something up or quit using something all together that I like and this is one of those times. As much as I love these blades and how effective they are when it comes to removing my barbed wire like stubble, I am saying good bye to these blades on a permanent basis. These are simply too harsh for my sensitive skin. So I am going back to Gillette Silver Blue blades which are more comfortable for me:


I will still recommend these blades to anyone who doesn't have as sensitive skin as I do and doesn't want to use Feather blades. The only difference between these and Feather blades is comfort. These are far more comfortable then the Feather blades are and just as sharp. My beard grows in way that I can't do just one pass. I have to have more to effectively remove my beard and two passes with these blade, my skin starts getting irritated. I don't go for perfect shaves, just close and comfortable is all and two passes aren't enough with my go to razors which are Merkur 42C (the 1904 Closed Comb) and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's double open comb. Three passes with those razors using a Gillette Silver Blue equals a near perfect shave with no irritation.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...