Friday, August 17, 2018

Proraso Green & The Double X:

Today's shave was phenomenal! Today is Proraso Friday over in the How To Grow A Moustache Google+ community and I decided to participate. So I grabbed Proraso Green which has a menthol and eucalyptus scent to it and I finished it off with a healthy dose of good old Osage Rub which adds even more menthol feel to the ultra slick post shave:


I can confirm that I do NOT need to buy another stone and here is why. My Double X straight razor shaved the exact same way that my ZY razor did the other night. Two completely different razors with completely different types of steel and they BOTH ended up producing a perfect shave. No burn from the styptic pencil which I have been using after each shave whether I need it or not, and no burn from alcohol based aftershaves and colognes either and they usually burn no matter how my razors shave. I should have a mail call arriving today so I might produce a YouTube video later today. It will depend on what I time I get done with yard work today which should not take too long today. My last trimming job really knocked things down in terms of using the weed eater and there's only one or two spots that really need the weed eater. I also noticed that the leaves have started to change color and that can mean only one thing. Fall is right around the corner. That's when my new mower and yard sweeper will really get tested because I almost get buried in leaves.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...