Saturday, July 9, 2016

Integrity, Skin Bracer & The 66:

What an incredible shave. Once again Soap Commander delivers top shelf performance. This time around I went with my RazoRock Plissoft which is a 24mm synthetic knot and the more you use it, the better it gets. I also went with the Integrity which is Soap Commander's unscented line and it's truly unscented. And the Skin Bracer aftershave splash is much stronger than the Barbasol Brisk is in both terms of scent and performance. Skin Bracer has more menthol and a better cooling effect and a stronger scent which is an "old school" powdery and white musk barbershop scent. Barbasol Brisk has the exact same scent, but it's like half of the strength of Skin Bracer:


The 66 did much better than it did yesterday and I did get a squeaky clean post shave. But I can also tell that Norton water stones aren't enough to remove my beard now. So I will be looking at some stones today and I'll see what I can find. It took 3.5 passes to get a clean shave today and that's simply too many for me and my sensitive skin.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...