Thursday, July 7, 2016

Fortitude & The 66:

This morning's shave was great. Soap Commander always delivers top shelf performance and for this morning's shave, I went with their Fortitude scented soap which is no longer available. The scent on this soap is an aged hay, tobacco and semi sweet dark rum and since I didn't get the matching aftershave balm for this, I pair it with their Purpose aftershave balm which is a bay rum scent and goes perfectly with this soap:


The post shave feel that I have is a squeaky clean type shave, but I had to do 3 full passes along with a couple of touch ups in my usual trouble spots. So a quick honing session on the stones will be needed. I've pretty much decided to use Dr. Matt Robins under running water technique. It seems to give me the edges that I like. So that will be my honing method of choice. It's a fast technique as well. Takes me longer to photograph, write and post it up than it does to hone a razor using that technique.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...