Sunday, February 25, 2018

Atmotic & The DE 89:

Today's shave was great. Today I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and a sample of their Atomic shave soap. The scent is epic. Before blooming the scent, there was some sweetness to it but not a lot. After blooming you still get a Lime , Ginger & Vetiver scent that's extremely rich. The semi sweetness is just about gone after you bloom it. At least that's what my nose picks up. And to finish off today's shave, I paired it with a double dose of Old Spice :


The DE 89 with a Gillette Silver Blue blade was magical. It was extremely comfortable & I was squeaky clean after just 2.5 passes. I only got a couple of weepers and that was it. Plus a couple of bumps did get mowed off around my neck area. But other than that, no irritation or blood. I may have to switch to BOTH Gillette Silver Blue & Perma-Sharp DE blades. I'm also looking at 2 specific DE razors. The first one is the Leaf razor which uses 3 DE blades that's been split in half. The other razor is Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Alpha Ecliptic slant. Unlike other slant razors, this one is a true slant that does NOT twist or torque the blade. Another thing I like about it is the fact that it's been designed to get the perfect & correct angle every single time you use it. Some of the reviews that I read say that it's extremely comfortable & extremely efficient which is similar to their Doc razor. I think my problem has been my blade choices & razor combinations. So when I get the chance, I will be buying 2 more razors and I will be switching to my monster handle on the slant if it fits. it didn't fit my DE 89 and I've not tried it on my doc razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...