Friday, February 23, 2018

Gillette Rubie Plus Review:

Since I decided to go with my Edwin Jagger DE 89 today, I thought I was in for a treat considering that the DE 89 is pretty good on sensitive skin. Unfortunately I was wrong. Normally I wouldn't jump to conclusions until I tried a new blade in another razor but these were so uncomfortable that I couldn't hardly use them. Thank goodness I had some styptic gel left to stop the bleeding:


The Perma-Sharp blade I had in there had way too many shaves on it and was starting to pull & tug pretty bad. Bad enough to where I knew that stropping wouldn't help at all and that a new blade was needed. So I switched it out for a new Gillette Rubie after just 1 pass with the grain. I went from bad to worse. The pulling & tugging made my eyes water & it drew blood in my moustache area. My neck area wasn't irritated as bad but in order to get a decent shave, I ended up making 4 passes counting the the one with the grain that I made with the Perma-Sharp earlier:


I don't get too many bad blades that don't work for me in the Edwin Jagger DE 89. I really don't but these Gillette Rubie blades were down right awful for me. They were extremely uncomfortable right out of the package and no I did NOT strop them either. I also seriously doubt that stropping would help these blades as well. The pulling & tugging was worse than the used blade that I took out of it. It pretty much ripped my moustache out rather than cut through it cleanly. These are definitely going on my don't buy list along with the Voskhod blades which pretty much gave me the same results. I'm really disappointed in these blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...