Friday, February 9, 2018

Mail Calls Coming:

Now that I'm sticking with my Gillette Fusion & Shield razors on a permanent basis and not buying new DE safety razors and/or blades, I can now invest into my shaving soap arsenal once more. Last night, I ordered a soap & matching aftershave from Wet The Face & KShave Worx. I went with Don Yougner's Cuban Tobacco scented soap & matching aftershave which is a deep & rich fresh cut Cuban tobacco scent with a little hint of sweetness to it. The first time I tried it was in a sample pack that I ordered before & I've been wanting it ever since. The 2nd soap & matching aftershave I ordered was Grapelicious which is supposed to be a really strong grape soda scent. I was told that it's stronger than Catie's Bubbles Knee High To A Grape which was pretty dang strong when I first go it and ran out of it. Catie's Bubbles version was so strong, that I could smell it through out the entire house when I bloomed when at that time I was not suppose to. I could even smell it through the Priority Mail envelope that it arrived it so I'm really looking forward to this one. Plus there's a matching aftershave to go along with it:


I also invested into some hardware last night. As much as I enjoy using my face lathering shave scuttle, it is a bit of a pain to use & I don't really get the full effect of a hot lather shave. I have to build the lather first then allow the scuttle to heat up my lather on my shaving brush which takes a few minutes and my scuttle has already cooled off significantly. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore because I purchased Crown King's shatter proof scuttle from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. I can build a hot lather with it & apply it before it cools off. So my next shave will probably be my last face lather before my scuttle arrives. The only thing I'm waiting on now is shipping confirmation from all 3 artisans which are pretty quick to ship.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...