Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Mail Call: Crown King Travel Scuttle:

Today's Mail call is from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. If anyone has ever experienced a hot lather shave then you will agree with me when I say hot lather is where it's at in terms of wet shaving. I do have a face lathering scuttle but there's some serious drawbacks to it. The first is the fact that I have to build my lather first by face lathering & then allow my old scuttle to heat up my lather. By the time my lather is warm or hot, my scuttle has already lost more than half of its heat. So technically, I'm not getting the full effect of a hot lather shave with my old scuttle. Not unless I get that old scuttle so hot that it melts the soap which is no good because it destroys the soap. This travel scuttle will have the opposite effect & I will have the full benefits of a hot lather shave:


Lots of goodies came with this scuttle. I really love the microfiber drawstring bag that it comes in. It really added some extra spice & sweetness to this mail call:


Very cool how it came packaged:


It also came with this Velcro scuttle scarf which can help insulate it even further or make easier to handle after heating it up which is really cool:


I think I like it better without the scuttle scarf. It's also very light weight which is way better than my old scuttle. My old one weighs a ton and is often hard to handle after heating while this one isn't. I can't wait to use it for the first time:


This Atomic Shave Soap stole the show and then some. It's got a warm, sweet perfume & spice scent to it and it's a huge hit with me. So the first chance I get, I will be getting the new Atomic soap & aftershave. Wow what a scent:


This kit also came with a very cool travel tooth brush & toothpaste sample which is also really cool. Every year I travel to Northern Virginia specifically UVA for an annual medical check up and traveling is a bit of a hassle when it comes to gear so this really helps:


Just simply reverse the tooth brush head from the way it came packaged & you have a full sized tooth brush which should help with airport security who really get on people's nerves these days:


All in all, I couldn't be happier with this mail call and really can't wait to use it. It may be Friday before I use it in a shave of the day post because I just shaved yesterday & if you read my post, you would know that I got a touch too close in some spots which resulted in razor burn. So I want to go an extra day or 2 between shaves to give my face & skin a break.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...