Sunday, February 25, 2018

My New "Go To" DE Blade Choices:

After getting an incredible shave today, I made a decision to stick with these 2 blades on a permanent basis. While I love the shaves I've been getting with cartridges, they're still expensive. And unlike a straight razor, I can really only strop a cartridge once. The strops pretty much destroy the lubrication strips and after you do strop them, they seem to lose a lot of their performance. I've also decided to stick with just 2 razors for now:


They are the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's doc razor & the Edwin Jagger DE 89. Those 2 razors seem to be the best for my senstive skin. Both don't leave any weepers behind unless I hit a bump or something & both seem to give me the closest shaves possible. I simply can't afford to keep switching out the cartridges left and right no sooner than I get 3 or 4 shaves on one. The Gillette Fusion Proglides are $18 dollars for 4 while the new Proshield chill cartridges are nearly $25 dollars just for 4 cartridges. So based on economics, DE safety razors win. My Gillette Track 2 razor is about the same price as the Proglides for 10 cartridges.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...