Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Ike & The Doc:

Today's shave was excellent. After a nice, hot & relaxing shower, I went with Strike Gold Shave and their fabulous Ike scent which is their take on the classic Skin Bracer aftershave only a touch stronger. And to finish off today's shave, I went a sample of the matching aftershave:


The Doc was perfect. I was squeaky clean after 3 passes which is perfect. After my shave I decided to do a lather test and I started with a very small amount of the generous sample and man that was more than enough. It produced a Lather Volcano literally. It was running over the shave scuttle. The first photo is of the amount I used:


Did I mention that it was a lather volcano & that it was literally & figuratively running over the scuttle? Man what a shave soap. The lather also felt really good & slick and it is a touch on the thirsty side but that's a good thing because that means it can handle extra water:


This lather was also slick as black ice too. Wow what a shave. I'm now going to be a regular customer of Strike Gold Shave's soaps & aftershaves.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...