Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mail Call: Strike Gold Shave's "Ike":

Today's mail call is from Strike Gold Shave over on Etsy. Thank you very much Frank Misa it's an awesome mail call. I've been meaning to try their soaps along with Jennifer Mason Marting's Mason's Boutique but I never got around to it. Jennifer only makes shave soaps exclusively for Frank's Strike Gold Shave now. So this was a very special treat for me:


Frank messaged me on either Friday or Saturday one over on Instagram asking me if I wanted a sample and I said yes and here it is Monday and I have a sample of his "Ike" scented soap & aftershave splash which is also incredible. Named after former president Dwight D. Eisenhower who's nickname was affectionately known as Ike & got one of the biggest infrastructure projects in U.S. history passed known as the Interstate Highway System. He was also one of the last known 5 star generals of World War 2:


The scent is some where between these 2 specific aftershaves but not an exact match:


The scent is extremely close to Skin Bracer only it's a touch stronger:


I'm tickled with this mail call and the speed at which it got here. Thanks again Frank Misa. It's an awesome scent & soap. The aftershave is also awesome.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...