Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My New Anemometer:

As someone whom has hunted and has studied sniping, one of the things that I've always struggled with was "wind estimation". The clock system that the military uses does work to an extent. It does NOT tell you how fast the wind is going. The ONLY thing the clock system is good for is direction. In my humble opinion, the wind speed doesn't really change with in 1 mile. BUT the direction does because I've personally seen it. But the speed pretty much remains the same up to a point. After that, all bets are off. This tool takes roughly about 80% of the "guess work" out of it as long as the battery is good. Speaking of battery, this device takes a 9 volt battery so keep and extra one in your sniper calculation kit as I like to call it:


This meter also tells the temperature in both Celsius & Fahrenheit scale and it measures the wind in miles per hour, knots and feet per minute. The only thing this meter doesn't measure is barometric pressure which I kindly wanted. But that's okay because there's other meters out there that also come equipped with ballistics calculator built in. But this will do for now. The bullet when it first exits the muzzle of a rifle really won't be effected by the wind mainly because it still has its maximum velocity at that moment. But when you get around mid range and towards the target when the bullet has slowed down is where you will notice how the wind effects the bullet. That's where using the clock system when reading mirage that occurs in all condition comes in handy along with watching bullet trace and a few other things.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...