Thursday, October 5, 2017

Retrobit Trio:

Well after some shock & a little disappointment today, I went to Pinnacle Shopping Plaza in Bristol, TN and purchased a Retrobit Trio from G2K Games. I'm glad that I did. It was worth the $75 dollars that I paid for it. I wanted the red & black color scheme and the packaging was really awesome as well. The first thing I noticed was that it's very light weight. It probably weighs less than half of what my Super Nintendo does:


It comes with 2 controllers that resemble the Super Nintendo but the plugs on the end are scary similar to the Sega Genesis. Also included is a combination of the old school AV cable that these game systems had & the S-Video cable that you use to be able to buy extra for it back in the day. Everything has went to HDMI cables & USB style plugs now:


They do offer an adapter for playing GameBoy Advance games & my uncle Frank did buy an adapter so my cousin could play his Sega Genesis games using the Super Nintendo slot. My uncle Frank & my cousin Paul are really rough on everything especially electronics so this is not surprising for me to hear but I'm glad that they do make that just in case my device malfunctions:


The front panel looks really cool and sleek and it's spring loaded which means you simply press it to open the front panel to gain access to the extra controls which are really awesome:


Inside the front panel you will find Nintendo, Super Nintendo & Sega Genesis controller ports which means you can use all of the controllers that were made for these systems and that's a really good thing. I use to love the Nintendo Advantage & Super Nintendo Super Advantage arcade style controllers they made for both the Super Nintendo & Nintendo systems especially for the fighting games like Final Fight, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and a few others that I had back in the day. Another thing you will notice is a controller selector which you need to use of you plan on using system specific controllers. There's also a region selector which allows you to play video games for these systems from Japan, Britain & Europe. I think that in of itself is awesome. Back in the day if you bought a Super Nintendo game from Japan then there was a 95% chance that it wouldn't work at all on your system because you had to buy a separate machine specifically for that game. This region selector eliminates that and allows you access to more games such as Final Fight Guy which was Japan & NeoGeo only back in the day. There's also a reset button and you simply turn the power switch on to the system you wish to play. Oh before I forget, these controllers will work for all 3 systems which is also a good thing because you had to buy specific controllers back in the day as well. I never knew that Retro gaming would take off like it did:


If you are wondering how it looks here's a screen shot of Final Fight. And unlike in my previous blog post, the picture is excellent and the sound is spot on as well. Plays like a brand new Super Nintendo and the controllers feel excellent. I can't hardly tell the difference between these and the original Super Nintendo controllers at all:


I definitely recommend getting this system. It's totally worth the money and it is simple to hook up and use. The sound is excellent and I can't wait to see how they did with the Sega Genesis & Nintendo sound system. They nailed it with the Super Nintendo. The graphics are also clean and very crisp refined much better than they use to be in some cases. So if you are in the market for some classic video games & don't want to do a Raspberry Pi 3 computer build, this is definitely in your wheel house and these games are extremely affordable now in most cases. I paid $17 dollars for Mortal Kombat 2 at Lukie Games this past Saturday and the 1st time I got it back in the early 90's, it was well over $60 U.S. Dollars easy.



















I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...