Thursday, October 19, 2017

Retiring The Track 2:

This will be breaking a lot of people's hearts, but I'm retiring my 1970 Gillette Track 2 to my collection and will no longer be using it. I also will NOT be buying or ordering any more razors either. I like my Gillette Proshield & Proglide and my Schick Quattro razors. They give me a much better post shave feel in less passes & are much more comfortable to use with a traditional shave soap and/or shave creams & a brush than the Track 2 was. When you find the one razor or razors, you tend to stick with them and don't want to try anything else:


I've also tossed my Gillette Mach 3 & Mach 3 turbo into the recycling bin. They got to wear they wasn't cutting and was tugging and pulling something fierce even after taking them to my fire hose strop which is really a hone and not a strop. I'm pretty much done with obtaining razors period. There might be 1 or 2 seasonal soaps that I might get later on but it's doubtful. I'm happy with what I have. I might get a new synthetic boar brush. I'm pretty much sticking with synthetic brushes too which is why you keep seeing my RazoRock 24 mm Plissoft. Unlike my other brushes, my only synthetic doesn't need breaking in, doesn't absorb my lather & doesn't need a lot of soap to make a really nice lather either. Even though I soak my synthetic brush, it doesn't require soaking either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...