Wednesday, June 6, 2018

1st Honing Session On New Razor:

So much for this being on YouTube. I went ahead & filmed the entire process except for the mid range & finishing segments because I couldn't record it. My phone only allows so much video to be recorded & due to this razor requiring stupid amounts of work, I exceeded it to the point where I couldn't even upload it to YouTube. I even tried to upload it in 2 different videos & by that point, the video file had become corrupted which means only one thing & that's delete. So I snapped a couple of photos before doing the Dr. Matt under running water honing technique to finish off this razor for tomorrow's shave. So I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't post up a honing video:


After doing some more mid range working using my Apache Strata & finishing on the ILR, I did my usual stropping routine which is 5 round trips on the fire hose strop followed by 10 round trips on my new leather strop that I got from Keith which was exceptional:


The razor should be shave ready. I'm more than confident that it is because I've pretty much adopted Dr. Matt Robbins' under running water technique on a permanent basis with the exception to my Japanese natural water stone which doesn't get a lot of use these days. I like the edges I've been getting off the ILR. This specific honing technique has never failed me, even when I had lather on my face in the middle of a shave, this technique actually saved that specific shave in no time at all. The only thing I really need to do is get an 8K stone besides the Norton 8K (blah).

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...