Saturday, June 30, 2018

Cleaning & Lapping Completed:

That was much easier than I thought it would be. Today I went and grabbed some 3M Wet/Dry sandpaper (black, 320 grit) which made quick work on both cleaning and lapping ALL of my stones. The Suehiro stones took the longest because I had to soak them for an hour before I could lap them. I also went around every corner and smoothed out every side of my stones. The corners came out especially good and smooth and so did the tops of the stones. This was extremely easy to do with 320 grit wet/dry sandpaper and now they're flat:


After lapping and cleaning them with the sandpaper, I noticed that there was no scratches left behind like there normally would be if I used a slurry stone or my diamond plate and that's a really good thing. I also noticed how fast slurry came up from every stone too. So that tells me I should look for a 320 grit (rough estimate) slurry stone that won't leave scratches behind:


So later on tonight, I will be looking at some true 8K stones and 320 grit slurry stones. I will see what I can find and go from there. I would love to get a Japanese natural Nagura set but we will see if I can swing it or not. I also found a 7 day razor set that was made in Soligen, Germany that caught my eye as well. 

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...