Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Honing Experiment!

Lets try this again. I'm not too eager to give up on my ZY razor just yet so I decided to kill the edge and start with the Norton 8K. I went ahead and just did simple "X" strokes until the razor started gliding across the stone with almost no effort. After that I went to my Jnat and worked up a slurry and slight diluted it. It only took roughly around 30 "X" strokes until the razor started sticking something fierce. Afterward I went ahead and did Dr. Matt's under running water technique with the Belgium Coticule and kept going until the razor was almost like glue in terms of gliding across the stone:


I'm more than confident that is what I needed to do with my ZY 430 razor to get it shave ready again. Hopefully this edge will be comfortable enough this time around. If it's not, then I will try again. I'm also looking at some Zeva straight razors that I found on EBay. They claim they're made in Soligen, Germany so maybe they will be pretty good.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...