Sunday, June 24, 2018

Vision & The 207:

Today's shave felt great. Today is Sunday and that means Soap Commander Sunday is in full effect. And since it's officially summer now, I went with my all time personal favorite shave soap which is Soap Commander's "Vision" scent. The scent is their take on "Cool water" which is an Aqua, Amber and Mint scent. There is no menthol in the soap but it still has a chill about it due to the mint that's contained in the soap. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a nice healthy dose of Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave splash and I followed that up with Soap Commander's Vision scented aftershave balm which does have menthol added in addition to the mint contained in the shave soap itself. That pretty much put the post shave feel over the top:


The 207 was perfect yet again. Before my shave, I took it to my fire hose strop for 10 round trips and that seriously made this the best edge I've ever used which says a lot. I've shaved off of Jnats, synthetics, the Apache Strata from several people and this Belgium Coticule edge puts them to shame in BOTH post shave quality and comfort. I don't want to shave off anything else but the Belgium Coticule period. They are that comfortable and efficient. I was slick as black ice after just performing 3 passes with no touch up spots at all. I also discovered that instead of going from North to South on my with the grain pass when shaving my neck area, I get a closer shave by going North to Southwest which just about eliminates doing touch up spots on my neck area.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...