Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Belgium Coticule:

Well that was easy and it went fast too. Earlier today, I uploaded a mail call video and stated that I would be lapping and flattening my new stone tonight. That was the easiest stone that I have ever flattened and rounded the corners on. It's also the fastest stone I have ever lapped and flattened as well. I was done in less than 3 minutes:


My Belgium Coticule is also smoother than a piece of glass and it's a really soft stone. So far I am loving this 4 by 2 inch stone which is perfect for Dr. Matt's under running water technique which is beyond easy to do. Frank Misa pretty much got me hooked on Coticule edges after he put one on my Gold Dollar 207 razor. Now I will not shave off of another stone as a result. The edge that these specific stones produce is perfect for those with sensitive skin and tough beards. You don't need an impossibly sharp edge to get a great and enjoyable shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...