Sunday, June 3, 2018

Influence & The German 37:

Today's shave was great. Today is Sunday & that can mean only one thing. Soap Commander Sunday is in full effect. So after I bloomed their Influence scented soap & soaked my Omega 10049 Professional Boar brush, I took me a really nice, hot & relaxing shower which does make a huge difference for the better if you shower before shaving. It helps prep your beard & also helps you relax more. The scent on this soap is a really deep & rich tobacco scent, cherries & a rich & full bodied black tea. And to finish off this shave, I went with their matching aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to an already phenomenal post shave feel:


The German 37 by RazoRock was epic. I was slick as black ice after 3 passes which was one too many passes which resulted in a tiny bit of razor burn & since I used Soap Commander's aftershave balm, the razor burn is already gone. I'm just about to the point where I won't need to go against the grain (South to North for the most part) with any of my razors at all. 2 passes with the grain is more than enough & I only do the South to North pass on my neck area which gives me the most trouble apart from my moustache are which isn't too bad but can get irritated pretty easy.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...